Sunday, February 21, 2010

Get your face on! I did.


Beth at The Stories of A to Z has challenged bloggers to be brave and show a before and an after make-up picture along with beauty products used.

Before (Eeek!)
This is me upon waking this morning, complete with velcro rollers of which I slept in.  
 
Notice my husband in the background wondering why I'm taking a picture of myself in these rollers. hee hee 
After Hair/Make-up 

Before I go on with posting the products I'm currently using, I want to give a shout-out to my favorite foundation: Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation. If you need a full coverage, long lasting foundation...then this is for you! I'm not wearing this foundation anymore. Why? Because I'm out and I'm too cheap to spend $25 on more. This bottle was  actually given to me (Thank you, Gena. It lasted me nearly a year). 
 

I'm not big on specific product brands. I usually just buy what is on sale. I have to work hard at remembering to remove my make-up at night (bad, bad girl) and I could always improve on taking the time to put on some sunscreen (and I've got wrinkles to prove it). 
 

So, here's what I'm using today
(because tomorrow could be different):
Velcro Rollers: I prefer to wash my hair at night, let it dry, then don my rollers (hair slightly misted)
Frizz-Ease Straight Fixation: I just bought this and I like it so far. Helps keep my hair straight and not poofy.
Mary Kay Time Wise 3 in 1 cleanser and moisturizer for dry skin. 
Covergirl Creme Foundation CG Smoothers: I just bought this and I like it okay so far. It helps keep my dry skin moisturized. 
Maybelline Mineral Powder: I love this product which I use on top of my foundation.
Eyeshadow: Almay for Hazel eyes
Eyeliner: black Revlon ColorStay for top lid only
Avon Brow pencil
L'Oreal Carbon Black Voluminous Mascara
Lipstick: I use many brands but today I'm wearing Revlon Super Lustrous in Copperglow Berry (great moisture for the lips)
Oh, and I just dyed my hair last night (the second time in one week...Yikes!). I have naturally dark hair but I like to give it a little boost. Sometimes two boosts in one week. Ha! I used L'Oreal Hair Dye from Sally's beauty supply in Caramel along with a Volume 10 developer (which I'm told is for a deposit only, with little to no lifting power and is not harsh on your hair like the higher volume developers). I'm not a hair dresser but it sounds good to me. 

Go ahead! Get your face on, too! And don't forget to post a link here: The Stories of A to Z
and check out all the other before/afters.


2 comments:

  1. Aw, I'm so sad that you missed the party :(. I've had some requests to do another one, so maybe in late Spring you can link up this post and get your proper share of comments! Okay, yes, I need full coverage and that foundation sounds fab. The price? Not so much. And your hair looks beautiful but I cannot imagine sleeping in velcro rollers! I put mine in when my hair is slightly damp and then blow dry and even then I can't wait to get them out of my hair. How do you do it??? And I'm loving your lip color too so I'm putting Copperglow Berry on my mile-long list of products to try! Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh! You are SO pretty!
    What a fun thing to show off... I dunno if I'm that brave... or NATURALLY pretty. lol.

    K... so I popped over to tell you... YES you can totally spray a gloss sealer over your vinyl! It works great! And I haven't had ANY problems with it ruining the vinyl at all!
    I actually think it helps "seal" it down a bit better!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    Shelley Smith
    houseofsmiths.blogspot.com
    wonderfullywordy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete