Friday, January 1, 2010

Master Bedroom Redo coming soon

So, I get bored easily with the same-o-same-o. We got an itchin to flip our master bedroom, furniture and all. Then we went shopping and picked out two different furniture sets that we liked (ok loved). One, Paula Deen set from Dillard's. Just gorgeous like your grandmother's antiques. The other, a dark, rich Bernhardt grouping from Stacy's. After drooling over them both, we came home to think about it. Is it smart to dip into your savings in this economy for bedroom pretties? Is it financially responsible to spend $5-6K on bedroom furniture!?! After much thought, we have decided to keep what we have (did I mention it's a mod  hodge podge (yes, I initally put "mod" podge. Ha! I do loves me some mod podge) of this-and-that, a combination of hand-me-downs and garage sale finds?). So, on a budget of $xxx, we're attempting to completely change our room. Before and after pics coming soon. But for now, here are two things that I've purchased.

Bedding from Bed, Bath & Beyond in aqua. I cannot believe I chose something in the blue family. That's just not me but that's a whole other post.

And the side table (2) from JCPenney (on clearance for $119). 

No comments:

Post a Comment